Maple Leaf World School – KPU (MLWS-KPU) is located on the Richmond campus of Kwantlen Polytechnic University. The school’s learning environment offers students the opportunity to immerse themselves in English and in a Canadian educational environment. Students complete the BC graduation program curriculum preparing them for further studies at KPU and in universities around the world.
Maple Leaf schools in British Columbia are accredited as Independent Schools by the BC Ministry of Education. While focusing on academic achievement and studies in English, our students also have the option to enroll in Mandarin language and Chinese social studies courses giving them an academic advantage in their post-secondary applications.
Through its partnership with Kwantlen Polytechnic University, the school provides an optimal environment for learning and teaching. Our facilities share cafeteria, library, and science lab space with the university to offer a globally recognized curriculum that inspires students to outperform. The school’s learning environment includes small classes and welcoming recreational spaces. Students receive access to an Olympic designed sport facility which can be used both during and outside of school hours. The school enjoys a quiet location within the university where students are safe and supervised.
MLWS – KPU Advantages
- Small classes, great teachers, excellent curriculum.
- Outdoor adventure activities throughout the year included as part of the school program.
- Located in Canada’s beautiful Sea to Sky region near beaches, parks and mountains.
- Dynamic, supervised evening self-study program.
- Academic advising and university application assistance.
- Community homestay living near the campus.
- Urban campus location and access to the university’s state-of-the-art facilities.
- Opportunities for advanced dual credit courses with the university.
- Optional trips organized to major university campuses in Canada and the USA.