Students have participated in local volunteer opportunities in order to fulfil their OSSD requirements of 40 volunteer hours needed to graduate. Students are presented with a variety of opportunities to get out and help in and around the campus and city.
Most recently students volunteered at a local historical park for Winter Carnival, where they were able to receive training and 15-20 hours of volunteer time during the Family day weekend (Feb).
Other volunteer opportunities that students partake in include:
- Fort William Historical Park Winter Carnival and Future Events
- LUNSA POWOW- Indigenous Celebration at Lakehead University Fieldhouse
- Definitely Superior Art Gallery
- Animal Services Center Thunder Bay
- Boys and Girls Club of Thunder Bay
- Thunder Bay Shelter House
- School Initiatives i.e Open House and Opening Ceremony
Students have also had the opportunity to attended events held by Lakehead University International Office such as: Orientation tours, library orientation, Lunar New Year gala, and much more.