Maple Leaf World School – Thompson Rivers University (MLWS-TRU) is our first school in Canada. Located in the newly expanded Old Main building on Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops, BC, this learning environment offers students an English immersion environment on campus.
Students complete the BC graduation program curriculum preparing them for further studies in universities around the world. MLWS-TRU offers the high school program at grades 10 to 12 with approximately 25 students per class. Focusing on academic achievement, MLWS-TRU students benefit from an English language immersion experience and to enroll in Mandarin language and social studies classes giving them an academic advantage in their post-secondary applications.
The Tournament Capital Centre (TCC), located right next to our classrooms, is an outstanding world class sports centre with an Olympic-size pool located in the aquatic centre, that was built for the Canada summer games in 1993, along with indoor NBA standard basketball courts, a six-lane running track, exercise training rooms and gymnastics facilities. Our students will never be short of things to do during the school day, after school or on weekends. Students also have use of TRU’s two libraries on campus and some other campus facilities, such as the campus theatre.
Our School Advantages
- Small classes, great teachers, excellent curriculum.
- Outdoor adventure activities throughout the year included as part of the school program.
- Dynamic, supervised evening self-study program.
- Academic advising and university application assistance.
- Dormitory living with private bedrooms in a quad suite.
- Beautiful campus and access to the university’s state-of-the-art facilities.
- Opportunities for advanced dual credit courses with the university.
- Optional trips organized to major university campuses in Canada.