MLWS is currently offering students all classes online using the Canvas learning management system. On June 1st, 2020, the school will be partially reopening for in-class learning. Under the Ministry of Education’s Provincial COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines for K-12 setting,
MLWS has implemented strict provincial health officer and WorkSafeBC health and safety measures to reduce the risk COVID-19 transmission.
These measures include:
- Desks spaced apart
- Avoiding groups or gatherings of students in hallways or other common areas
- Regular cleaning of high-contact surfaces like doorknobs, toilet seats, keyboards and desks at least twice a day
- Cleaning the school building at least once a day
- Students, educators, and staff will be required to clean their hands before entering school property
- Hand-sanitizing and cleaning stations available, with well-stocked supplies
- Students or staff should not share food or personal items like phones, pens or pencils.